Sunday, December 16, 2007

Recognizing our Strenghts

If there is one thing I am proud of, it's my ability to forget pretty quickly.

When there is still hope, I will dwell and hurt over something pretty intensely. I'm very emotional that way. Sucky love songs make me bawl when I'm in that state.

But when it becomes clear that a cause is just lost and hopeless, I'll not mourn for weeks and eat buckets of ice-cream while crying.
I like my mind like I like my apartment: un-messy and clear. And luckily, it is easily clear-able. Facts put all in order, good memories kept, bads in the trash, priorities and feelings redefined, a few bitching Tori Amos songs and a good night's sleep and I'm good and ready to leave everything messy behind and welcome new possibilities.
Life really is too short to waste it on useless worries. It's good to be myself again!

Also, I went to see "I am Legend" this afternoon. And it was the best movie I've seen in a long time. Very nearly cried twice....and movies these days are rarely making me cry.

No comments: