Friday, December 21, 2007

Look what I got!!

Sometimes, it is really hard to find an appropriate gift.

Especially when it's for someone you don't know a whole lot like a school teacher...or say...a daycare educator. But it's still the tradition it seems to bring a little token of appreciation.

So from experience, the most popular "neutral items" are soap, candles, various candy and lately Bamboo arrangements. When all else fails, a Mall's Gift card. I always like that last one, I have to admit.

This year, I was pleasantly surprised though...inside a little red bag that I was sure contained a jasmine-blossom scented candle, I found this instead:


My God, isn't that the cutest little mug ever?! It fits in the palm of my hand. And most importantly, it contains a little bag of Belgian chocolate shavings and a recipe to make hot-cocoa out of it. I'm in love!
It's probably the least expensive gift I got this year, but it's clearly the one I love the most. Goes to show that often, less is more. It's the originality that counts.

1 comment:

Princess in Galoshes said...

Yummy. And yes, also cute!