Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Lupercalia in advance!



I want to wish everyone a happy, sexy Lupercalia day! I just love that word....

It's a nice change from boring old, commercialized Valentine's Day.

I'm pointing out the obvious again and being a total Valentine Grinch...but seriously, the stores are chock-full of red and pink cheaperies and waxy-chocolate and it's all been there since Christmas. The amazing volume of everything heart-shaped they put out each year and that people actually pay good money for is bewildering. Those monstruous, giant pink animals that will get sold for a dollar at yards sale this spring...unbeleivable.


I'm honestly wondering when they will start commercializing St-Patrick's day like that?? Now that would be cool. I know I could really enjoy the idea of green and gold everywhere, and Leprechaun and clover merchandise and more shimmery Top hats, Irish Bread.....yep, I don't think I would complain.

Though it might piss off the cunning Irish Faery-folk and then we'd all be in trouble....they'd try to steal our first-borns unless we guess their name....and who wants that, really?

Still, don't you think that Rossetti painting is the sweetest, most romantic thing ever??Why have I never seen this before??


So wether you are single, dating, engaged, married, divorced, vowed to celibacy.... Have a great day filled with Love, we all have someone or something to love and if not, Love yourself damnit! And remember what sexy Christian from Moulin Rouge quoted: "All you need is Love!"

No comments: