Wednesday, November 28, 2007

2012

A while ago, I heard about the Mayans and their calendar ending in the year 2012. I found it middly interesting, but quickly forgot about it.
Then I heard that Confussius predicted the World's End in 2012. And so those two thoughts went in a out of my mind from time to time with a bit of thinking about "What ifs", but nothing more. I don't like to think of the End. The religion I grew up in made me obssess about it for a good part of my life, and now I like to appreciate the daily pleasures of life as they come.

I mean who cares if it DOES happen really? I'm not too keen on becoming senile and sick and I don't even want to think about seeing my parents grow old. So in a way, it would be positive to go in a spectacular way along with our planet. As long as it's fast.
But then I love life. And I sure haven't done everything that I want to do with it. So this page here has got me slightly worried.
What do you all think about it?

http://www.december212012.com/articles/general_information/the_real_doomsday.htm

No comments: