Friday, September 07, 2007

Results of kicking my own butt

Remember, a while ago, I missed the occasion to meet my idol, Loreena McKennitt, due to my extreme laziness and reluctance to go out of my precious nest on weekends? Yeah? I do too, and I remember how frustrated with myself I was the day after.

So that's why I immediately, without thinking twice, bought tickets to her show in Montreal as soon as it was announced. And I waited and waited, got nervous, and started thinking of how I'd get myself there, all the buses and trains I'd have to take in the dark. The weird people in Montreal...*shiver*

But tonight is the night.
I know it will be something I will remember for the rest of my life, it will be one of my most treasured memories. I don't know if it can be compared to getting married...the day before...you know it will be nerve racking and exciting, and deep down, you are horribly jittery.
But somehow, you manage to go trough the day's routine, wash your hair, do your bed, paper work in a normal way. But it's like the brain is refusing to register so as to function without freaking out.

I even killed a bad flu successfully using Echinacea drops, lots of water and going to bed at 9 every night this week.
I don't even want to imagine how depressing it would have been to be sick today.

No comments: