Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ACV:The Fruity Gold

We all have heard about Apple Cider Vinegar.

Yeah, you can make healthy and yummy vinaigrette with it, I even heard that it can help you burn fat faster. (But later found out to my great dismay, that it won't really work as promised if you are not willing to abandon fries, and your mom's excellent, excellent deserts. Which I am not.)

I was pretty sceptical when I read it could be put on our hair....I mean, vinegar? That's pretty scary, especially if you were a bleach junky like me at a time in your life, and you have experienced the trauma of seeing your hair burn and break off your head like spiderwebs.)

But I did it. And oh wonders! It worked!
It even worked better then all my expectations. I'm not too sure of the chemistry involved, but I think that this kind of vinegar gently dissolves any residue and buildup from the hair, and closes the follicles. Resulting in beautiful, shiny, bouncy hair.

This shouldn't be done more then once every two weeks though. Here is the super easy recipe:

-2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
-1 cup water

Mix in a large bowl.
Now the trick is to saturate the hair with this mixture. So I use two big bowls. With my washed and conditioned hair still wet...I kneel and bend over the side of the bath with the empty bowl under my hair, ready to catch the ACV. I pour the content of the other bowl over my head and just switch like that, pouring it over and over again, until I'm tired.

Rinse off, preferably with colder water and plump hair. Voila!

No comments: