Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Accepting....

I realized something this morning, as I prepared to pull out one of those dreaded white hair I've been finding on my head for the last ten years or so.

I didn't give them much thought because they were constantly covered in many layers of hair colors and junk, but now that I want to let my hair grow it's natural brown, they are screaming for attention. Being whiter and longer then ever.

Now, it's not that white hair isn't pretty, I have to admit that every time I pulled one out, I looked at it an unnatural amount of time, wondering at how shiny, and pearly and *solid* it looked.
I also have this long time fascination with Albinos and their beautiful whiteness of skin and hair.

The thing is, I am only 25...and there are already 10-15 of these outsiders on my head. So I guess the problem is coming to terms with having a full head of white when I'm 35 or so....
Well it's in the genes....it's the transition that's bothering me really, give me fully white, shiny hair right now, and I will be ecstatic. But salt and pepper at 30?....Meh.

1 comment:

Princess in Galoshes said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm going through the same thing!