Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Paper Coffee is gross


Now, I'm not complaining....Merely wondering, because it's happened to me twice in a short period of time.
Why does coffee sometimes tastes like paper? I would expect this from myself, because coffee-making is still a mystery of life to me and everyone knows I never managed to make a decent cup of coffee. (Must be why I'm so into tea, it's just easier.) And this is why I go to coffee shops when I feel like having one, unfortunately, it seems even them can't avoid messing something up. I won't name names, because I'm not a bitch, and it was probably a new one, and I know how hard it is to start a new job...but blah! I still have the paper taste in my mouth.

Is it the filter? Could something be wrong with it? Maybe it's the paper cup? So that wouldn't be any one's fault but mine for choosing a cup. And how should I know anyway what paper tastes like? Well admit it, I 'm sure I can't be the only one who was so bored in school that I just *had*, even if only once, to chew a small piece of paper and stick it under my desk...or for the more adventurous, on the ceiling. I know many did it, the textured white spots up there didn't just appear by themselves. So we all know what paper tastes like...an probably the blue ink they use to line the paper, too...and the little pink erasers at the top of pencils....and liquid glue...anyway!

Hmmm...are teabags made of paper too? I never had a tea that tasted like paper....

No comments: