Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Halloween/Samhain 2007

Here's a sketch I did this weekend of what my costume should look like

I'm still going with the Sally look, only I was starting to stress myself about making it exactly like the character when no-one around me even knows what she's supposed to look like anyway. So it's modified Sally crossed with the Black Dahlia. If asked, I'll just say I'm a freaky Halloween doll. Maybe I'll add some of those very long, vintage-looking pearl necklaces too....and black lace....hmmm.

I was still looking for a cool wig, but now I know why stores like to insist on wigs and costumes being not refundable. Because they look nice and full and luxurious on the box, and then when you open them, they end up looking like a rat nest attached to a net. A cheap, balding rat nest.

So damn if I need to use a ton of hair products, I will do my own hair. And it will look fine. Most of the effect will be from the makeup anyway, which will be dramatic compared to my usual non-made-up face.

Oh, I haven't started the patch-dress yet. I really should...I feel so lazy, I just want to sink in my sofa with the biggest blanket and stare at the TV when I get home and it's cold like that outside.

GOD! I finally found there is a spellcheck on this blog!! Your eyes should bleed much less from now on!

1 comment:

Princess in Galoshes said...

Oooh! That looks really cool! I can't wait to see the final product.