Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Halloween is near!

Ah! My favorite Holiday!

October has me thinking of candies, pumpkins,costumes, Halloween parties...and of course, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I've been wanting to go as Sally for a few years now, but I never got to making that cool but difficult patchwork dress....and also I can't seem to find a long red wig....

But let's not start about costumes now, because this could go on forever. I wanted to pay a little tribute to my favorite Disney couple. Forget Snow White, Belle and their random boring princes.
Jack Skellington and Sally the Rag-doll are the best.
Their love story is so sweet and feels so real. The ending with them singing and kissing on that spiral hill almost makes me cry every time.
Maybe Sally reminds me of myself...because she's a creative loner, too shy to admit her feelings when she's in love. Or maybe because we both have a rather big calve-to-ankle ratio and a sizable bottom....
Sometimes I just find myself watching this child's movie as seriously as I would the most serious, Oscar-worthy romance film. The imagery is so beautiful...how I love Tim Burton....how I would like for that special someone to come find me on top of a snowy hill dazzling in the full-moon light, singing that it is clear to see, we are meant to be.....

No comments: