Monday, August 27, 2007

Seriously worried

That's it...I'm now scared of walking in my own neighborhood.

A few days ago, an 18 years old girl was waiting for the bus. Somehow, she got pulled into a car, taken a few miles away, raped, and brought back where she was in the first place.
This CAN'T happen!
Six o'clock, damnit! The sun is still shining high!
And she was not walking in a dark alley or anything. That street is a rather busy one, but still residential, there are many houses and people around. Beautiful flowers, expensive houses, people walking their dogs, children on bicycles, you get the picture!

What's freaking me the most, is that it happened only one bus stop away from where I take it every night at that time.
I'm scared. I always felt so safe.
I even walked at night sometimes, but that time is over.

I don't know what I can do to feel safer. I feel so vulnerable.

No comments: