Thursday, December 14, 2006

2006 review....


It isn't December 31th yet, but I suspect I won't have much time to blog when it actually is....plus I'll be too busy thinking up a list of New Years' resolution, so there you go.
This years......

I got upset because Alanis Morissette went Blondie! (Why! Why? Um...is she still blond?)

My disgust with Jehovah's Witnesses reached a new high point ever since they told my father he couldn't speak to me anymore. Damn those indoctrinated bastards!! Wake up dad!!!

I discovered the wonderful world of the DaVinci Code---read the book (many times), waited impatiently for the movie to come out in theaters, walked miles under the rain to see it the night it came out, got obsessed with Audrey Tautou and Paul Bettany, resulting in my discovering many other awesome movies (Do see "Amélie"!). Waited for what seemed like years to finally be able to buy the DVD. And now I can relax at last!

Got my hair red, because of Tori Amos.

Switched to healthier food and litter-stuff for my kitties. Also discovered awesome natural-care woman for them.

According to my blog entries...nothing really happened this last summer, it's all a big blank..Hmmm

So back in September...
Heard about and read Inkheart, am still in process of reading the second part, Inkspell. I also can't wait to see what the movie will be like.

Ooooh!My nose was lucky enough to discover Guerlain Vetiver...and I will admit here, to my greatest shame and endless humiliation, that I only went and smelled that perfume because I read that genius actor Paul Bettany wears that. (Shame, shame, shame on me for being such a fangirl!) I really did fell in love with it though, or I wouldn't have bought a bottle.

Laundry machine price went up 75 cents, which is surely the biggest and most important drama this year.

Discovered that coffee in a cup will taste like chewed paper if additioned with fake-sugar. Am still taking fake-sugar half the time in spite of it.

Had a few strangers wave at me, still have not resolved this mystery.

Have discovered I am in fact, a solitary introvert....who still adores to go out in the crowd and watch people. Adding to the probability that I will end up an old lady living happy and alone with her books and cats.

Developed an ongoing fascination for actress Helena Bonham-Carter, her unbelievably cool hair and fashion line.

Got caught on buses with un-hygienic-smelling people. Managed not to throw up on them.

Fixed holes left by cats' claws on my screen-door with hot glue. Screen door looks like crap.

At last! Got completely satisfied with look and feel of my own hair.

Survived a traumatizing bee attack un-harmed.

Missed Loreena McKennit signing event due to laziness. (Put "Stop being lazy" on resolution list.)

Got my bank account card cloned, thus gained a new paranoia.

And hopefully.....Will have held a wonderful, magical Christmas Dinner on December the 16th. (Yeah, because I still believe in positive thinking.)

No comments: