Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sounds of Fall


I have to say, I was feeling a bit crappy this morning.
Well it rains, and when you need to go out, it's not always fun. But hey, it's fall....

But as I was walking the two minutes separating the bus stop from work, I suddenly slowed down and looked around me instead of the wet, depressing street under my feet.
The raining had calmed down, and there were only little droplets still falling. The sun was peeking behind the cloud and there was a soft light on the yellow maple trees on my left. They almost looked like gold. It was all so soft and beautiful...and then the sounds. The sound of rain on the trees, and of a few leaves falling trough the branches to the ground (They do make a sound, all you need is listen for it.) The squirrels and birds still carrying on in spite of the weather. It was magic, magic I tell you. One of the many reasons why I love this season so much.

PS. Photo not actual view I had, of course. Unfortunately, I don't live or work in a beautiful century-old, fairy-containing forest.

No comments: