Tuesday, July 15, 2008

3 days apart...

Seems like nothing, 3 little days...2 little nights... we've been apart before. Ha! Only a few months ago, we didn't even know each other. I was alone most week nights and used to it. I never got bored, always had something to do.

And now I'm faced with the drama of two nights by myself. I've become a bit dependent. I don't like watching TV alone that much anymore. Dependent of someone to lean on, to kiss when the TV is boring, to laugh with and talk to and make comments about silly stuff.

To take long walk with when the sun sets...


I know it's not that bad. I have enough cleaning and shopping and reading to do to keep me well occupied for a week if I needed to.

I think that it's more the fact that he will be far away from me.

It's not China or anything, but it's still out of reach. There will be emails and MSN and maybe phone calls, and it's perfectly alright for a few days, but it makes me realise how attached I've become. Which is awesome.


I know it's pretty common that people need to make these little trips for work.
I remember Princess in Galoshes writing once that her man went on this kind of trip for two weeks??Gah! How do you cope?

Well, they say distance is a good thing sometimes, you can appreciate what you miss more when they're taken away from you.
Plus, I'm sure he'll have much more fun there then over here in a cubicle with mostly nothing to do for three days...so I'm happy for him.
I just send all the good karma I can so that the road trip goes well and everything's safe and fun.

1 comment:

Princess in Galoshes said...

You cope by:
a) missing him
b) making baked goods
c) secretly enjoying having the whole bed to yourself again.