Thursday, May 01, 2008

2008 MayPole Dance

The Maypole looked much MUCH better then what I tried to fix up last year. An actual tree will stay put and not fall at every little gust of wind like the pole I tried to stick in the hard ground last Beltane. Evidence:
http://lilycurly.blogspot.com/2007/06/in-springtime-of-year.html
One of the girls pulled her ribbon really far. She's the one that you can't see, there on the right. Sometimes, you just loose when you try too much...I've learned that the hard way too.
And here we are, dancing, jumping and trying not to stumble on each other while listening to Loreena McKennitt's Huron Beltane Fire Dance. Which is another of my all-time favorite songs. I DARE you to turn up the volume to that song and not dance.

1 comment:

Princess in Galoshes said...

Oooh, I love your Maypole! How fun! (I also love that all the kids are wearing winter jackets.)