Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Christmas Madness

So....Is Christmas coming sooner every year or are we just forgetting that it's like that every new year?
Every time I step into a mall, I feel like it's December 24th already, and it's been like that since the day after Halloween. I'm not complaining, mind you. Anything to prettify the gloom that is November. I love to see the huge Christmas trees and Santa's village, and Christmas music is kind of fun. You almost expect snow to be falling prettily when you walk out of there.

But now I'm totally in the mood to decorate my apartment and to buy gifts for everyone. Problem is....I promised myself that this year, I would control myself and not have lights on my balcony before December 1th. I find it rather pathetic, although it's every one's choice, the get all your decos out two months in advances, right when you throw away your pumpkin.

I had also convinced myself to make every gift I give myself....but I plan to do that every year without success. I would so love Christmas to go back to family and love, and home-made gifts from the heart...But ya know....I guess marketing does work....even for me.

So this weekend I don't think I will be able to keep myself from dragging the old Christmas tree from the closet. It would be too hard to resist. It's all I can do not to do it right now...

I will still try to make gifts though...will be very fun...haven't done anything productive or art-related for quite some time now.

In other news, I'm planning to make a small dinner with close family around Christmas time. It's been ages since I invited people to my apartment. And it's so much nicer now then it was at first. Am very excited about this....but really need to plan carefully, or will not happen at all.

No comments: