Thursday, January 08, 2009

Me? Watching a dog movie?Ha!

Most people who know me know that I scoff in the face of dog movies, especially if there are talking dogs. I just can't, I don't really know why. I've been fed up with films like Beethoven and all that serie about a dog being a star of multiple sports. It gives me shivers now, I've had my share.

So my first reaction when I saw the huge stand-up puppy with doe eyes and a red christmas bow round his neck was the same as the one I had when I saw the Twilight poster. Making my best imitation of a squeeling teenage girl who dreams about the day it will come out.
Except that both boyfriend and I knew full well that we would never, ever set foot into that one. And we just laughed it off and forgot about it.

But then, the holidays ended and we realised that we saw most of the interesting movies that came out during that time. (Yeah, we love cinema.)
And it was between that Adam Sandler movie and Marley....The critics were very good for the puppy, so we went, expecting the worst. And it wasn't bad.

Actually it was nothing like I feared, it was more about the couple then the dog, thank god.
And I cried, my god did I cry! We're talking hick-ups and big hot tears and sniveling nose here.
If you want to see me cry, just put me in front of a film where anything sad happens to any animal, and I'm done.
I can see war movies and people dying here and there without flinching, but show me Will Smith off-ing his dog in "I am Legend", and you'll need to pick me off the floor. I can't help but imagine it happen to me and one of my cats.
I knew it would happen when I walked in, and thankfully, I have a boyfriend with a good shoulder to hide my red eyes into. Well at least I'm not cold-hearted.

So all of this to say, I do recommend Marley and Me, loved it.
But don't count on a review for "Hotel for Dogs"...*shiver*

No comments: