Friday, January 16, 2009

I feel like a celebrity


For those who didn't know, I'm kind of a regular illustrator for Playbooks now.

And I've just finished illustrating the third story of a serie about a time travel machine. This one was about going green and saving the planet, they made it pretty big, recorded a song for it and all.

Now they want to make a DVD about it, and they are asking the writer and the illustrator to answer questions from kids.
So I'm asked to tape myself in a fun, artistic environment and answer questions on camera. Easy questions, like how much time does it take to learn to draw, what material do you use.

And I'm excited about it, I won't hide it. I always had a secret dream, as a kid and even now, to be on TV or be a theater actress or something.
I'm awefully camera shy, but I have a slight envy each time I see a weather girl or reporter on TV.

So this even if it's smaller, is pretty exciting. I've prepared a little scenario already, where I show how I draw a character and stuff like that.

The only problem, is that it has to be done in English....and I'm very very bad at talking English. I've got one horrible accent and I tend to mush words together when I try talk too fast.
I'll update on that....

3 comments:

Princess in Galoshes said...

Aw, Lily! That's awesome, congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I'm sure your English will be just fine! Bonne chance.

Missy said...

Wow, félicitations! C'est vraiment cool ce que tu dessines! :)

Lily said...

Princess-Thanks! The recording went pretty well. I can't wait to have feedback.

Martine-Merci! De nature, je préfères dessiner des portraits, mais c'est pas mal le fun des livres pour enfants.